Re: Weight Management

  • Ian E. Hopper
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Beau" <links0311@...> wrote:

      > I've seen a lot of people riding on the back of xtracycles and some of
      > these people are pretty big. I've heard the xtracycle can hold 405lbs
      > which includes the riders weight. Have you ever carried a passenger and
      > what's the biggest load you've carried?
      >
      > -Links

      The largest standing passenger I've carried (and he was surfing the
      snapdeck while we were off-road) was about 190lbs.. The largest seated
      passenger I've carried was about 150 lbs. Seated passengers effect the
      balance a lot less, especially when they are adults. Children tend to
      wiggle around a lot more unless they are experienced passengers, but
      you can learn to compensate for everything. I suggest you get
      experienced riding with some static loads first before taking adult
      passengers.