How to ride a bike forever

  • wildehandyman01
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2008
      Hey folks,
      I was stumbling around the net and I found this gem:
      http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1994/pages/12.htm
      I apologize if this is old news to anyone else,I thought it was cool.
      I had never seen it before.
      Blessings,
      John
    • Mark Garvey
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2008
        I LOVE that!  I have been tinkering with that pilosophy for some time now. I called it "Pootling" myself and it is because I tend to ride for pleasure WHILE I ride to have transportation.  I seldom go faster than 10-12 mph on the flats, only exceeding that on downhills!  My "favorite" bike currently is my mid 1960's Schwinn 2 speed coaster brake bike!  you can't be in a hurry on that sucker! big wide tires and not much else.  Easy to ride too, just get on and pedal off! No special shoes, no special pants, no orthopaedic shirt!  and my cargo goes in a HUGE basket that mounts to the handlebars!

        Oh, my X is much more useful!  but the Schwinn is FUN!

        MArk

        On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:39 PM, wildehandyman01 <johnwilde@...> wrote:
        Hey folks,
        I was stumbling around the net and I found this gem:
        http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/1994/pages/12.htm
        I apologize if this is old news to anyone else,I thought it was cool.
        I had never seen it before.
        Blessings,
        John

        <*> Your email settings: