Weight Management

  • Beau
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2008
      I've seen a lot of people riding on the back of xtracycles and some of
      these people are pretty big. I've heard the xtracycle can hold 405lbs
      which includes the riders weight. Have you ever carried a passenger and
      what's the biggest load you've carried?

      -Links
    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2008
        My passengers aren't very heavy, but some were quite wiggly!
        <http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/bike/070507byBerlin-TouristBusBike.JPG>
        <http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/bike/050307-11byAndy-FamilyBike.JPG>

        Among the heaviest and bulkiest loads:
        <http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/bike/080724-32HaulingLeaves.JPG>

        I did haul some slabs of fake marble (plastic resin and marble dust)
        home one time. Made the mistake of not photographing that load. It
        included a few bricks, too. This was probably the heaviest load.

        I routinely carry
        1) 2 25-L bags of kitty litter or kitty chow
        2) abandoned fiberglass bathtubs,
        3) abandoned chairs (rattan, wood, marble-inlay).
        4) abandoned shipping pallets.

        A lot of this weight is on top of the almost-20 kilos of Stokemonkey and
        battery. These are definitely worth their weight!

        CL

        Beau wrote:
        > I've seen a lot of people riding on the back of xtracycles and some of
        > these people are pretty big. I've heard the xtracycle can hold 405lbs
        > which includes the riders weight. Have you ever carried a passenger and
        > what's the biggest load you've carried?
      • davidmoskovitz
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
          Great xtra-photos.
        • Ian E. Hopper
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2009
            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Beau" <links0311@...> wrote:

            > I've seen a lot of people riding on the back of xtracycles and some of
            > these people are pretty big. I've heard the xtracycle can hold 405lbs
            > which includes the riders weight. Have you ever carried a passenger and
            > what's the biggest load you've carried?
            >
            > -Links

            The largest standing passenger I've carried (and he was surfing the
            snapdeck while we were off-road) was about 190lbs.. The largest seated
            passenger I've carried was about 150 lbs. Seated passengers effect the
            balance a lot less, especially when they are adults. Children tend to
            wiggle around a lot more unless they are experienced passengers, but
            you can learn to compensate for everything. I suggest you get
            experienced riding with some static loads first before taking adult
            passengers.