Re: roholoff install photos?

  • jparks781
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 26, 2008
      Oh, one more thing. The Rohloff chain tensioner that came with my hub
      has a bolted-on stop that interferes with the Big Dummy dropout; they
      can't co-exist. Easy to unbolt the stop, but then the tensioner
      doesn't tension. My solution was to bend up a really complicated wire
      strut that pushes the tensioner backwards while fitting into that
      arc-shaped hole in the drop out. Another solution would be to pull
      the tensioner back with a wire running aft, I'll leave that to you to
      figure out. I guess the guys at Surly used the Surly-brand chain
      tensioner, or some other solution?

      Joel
    • David Dannenberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 27, 2008
        Thanks Joel,

        That is helpful. I am certain I have the right parts because I read
        Vic's list. Will check out those links though. I am surprised there is
        a tensioner problem. Will look at it. Maybe will end up with Surley's
        tensioner. I don't want to have to fabricate at this point.

        Thanks again.

        David
      • David Dannenberg