cool things to do

  • kipchoge@xtracycle.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2001
      Now I don't want to make it seem like JP is the teacher's pet or
      anything, but he sent me this groovin little note and choked me
      all up that the roots force is on the scene. I'm passing it on for
      inspiration. -kipchoge
      ----------------
      By the way, I have purposefully gone into every bike
      shop in my area and asked them if they carry your
      product, them asked them why they didn't because,
      well, didn't they know that the Xtracycle was item #1
      on Outside Magazine's gear pick, and that they were
      the coolest thing on two wheels, and they should get
      their butts in gear and join the modern world,
      dang-it! Well, maybe it didn't come out like that, but
      you get the idea. Also, just a suggestion, I had
      dinner with the Happiness and Longevity Chairman for
      Backroads bike touring company tonight. Earlier I had
      told him about Xtracycle, and he sounded very
      interested. I told him to check out the new site (he
      had visited the older one, and said he wanted to see
      more pictures). I know that he does bike trips, like
      two week trips through Bhutan with clients who are 60+
      years old. Perhaps such a company would be interested
      in a fleet of Xtracycles for their guides- safer than
      panniers if a client has a breakdown, etc. I can put
      you in contact with him, or plant a seed. After I
      described it to him again tonight, he said, "I'd buy
      one."

      Visualize whirled peas.
    • Jay Townley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2001
        Kipchoge,

        Wow! This is great stuff - thank you for sharing it.

        Best regards,

        Jay