Re: Looking for an xtracycle to try in Boston, MA area

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2006
      I'm not too close to MA (central ILlinois :-)) but my bike was not
      changed overmuch with the addition. I'd read the commentaries about
      it handling well, but I couldn't tell if people were saying it handled
      well compared to, say, a loaded trailer or panniers & racks stacked to
      the sky.
      The only time the "handling" is a challenge is getting it back &
      forth in the garage, and getting it into a car (I got a flat on a
      group ride, and didn't have my spare tube, and everybody else had
      Presta valve tires... and I wasn't *really* looking forward to 12 more
      miles into the 25 mph wind.)
      I'm pretty klutzy - have to think about *everything* to learn how
      to do it - but (so far anyway!) the transition to longbike has been
      seamless. Maybe it's those yoga classes, but I can sort of "feel"
      that it's longer, but it doesn't make the front wobble or anything.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Irene" <luttsfly@...> wrote:

      > We are thinking of purchasing one and would love to ride one before
      > investing. Anyone willing to meet up and test ride theirs? Or oes
      > anyone know of a bike shop that sells them? We would be especially
      > grateful if you have a peapod seat our son could try out as well.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Irene & Kevin

    • Andrew Janjigian
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2006
        I have an Xtracycle in Cambridge, but it has the Stokemonkey mod, which you will find too different to give you a good sense of the XC, or convince you that you need both.

        I have no kids, and hence no peapod. Sorry.

        Let me know, and we can arrange a test if the roads stay dry.

        Andrew

        On Feb 6, 2006, at 3:06 PM, Irene wrote:

        We are thinking of purchasing one and would love to ride one before
        investing.  Anyone willing to meet up and test ride theirs?  Or oes
        anyone know of a bike shop that sells them?  We would be especially
        grateful if you have a peapod seat our son could try out as well.

        Thanks!

        Irene & Kevin

        ride to believe.

        Konjac root Roots blower Ginseng root
        Root canal Root canal therapy Burdock root

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS