Re: [rootsradicals] Re: San jose bay area dummy/ xtra owners sound off

  • Rick Pickett
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
      I would totally rock a SC/SJ RRR (Rootsradicals Rally) but can't till after the New Year.

      Cheers,
      Rick

      On Dec 8, 2008, at 6:27 PM, Mike Ku wrote:

      Well so far only two responses. I know there's gotta be more than two right?  How about anyone willing to come over to sj or Santa cruz.

      On Dec 8, 2008, at 14:10, "jday_xtracycle" <jday@baymoon. com> wrote:

      There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
      be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
      parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
      Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
      hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
      system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
      fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

      Jim

      --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

      > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
      > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
      > los gatos creek trail.

    • Mark Damiani
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
        I reside in South Santa Cruz County however still buildin up my Big Dummy....I am riding a Project Rwanda Cargo bike around Santa Cruz these day....
        cheers,
        Mark

        There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
        be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
        parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
        Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
        hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
        system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
        fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

        Jim

        --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

        > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
        > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
        > los gatos creek trail.

      • Abigail vR
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
          I live in Mountain View and ride an Xtracycle. I'm not much a trail
          rider, though, which is why I haven't replied before. I'm much more
          comfortable on paved streets.

          On another topic, I often go to Red Rock Coffee in downtown Mountain
          View and see the Project Rwanda bike in their window. I have wondered
          if it's possible to get them here. How did you manage that one? :)

          Abigail

          On Dec 10, 2008, at 7:40 AM, Mark Damiani wrote:

          > I reside in South Santa Cruz County however still buildin up my Big
          > Dummy....I am riding a Project Rwanda Cargo bike around Santa Cruz
          > these day....
          > cheers,
          > Mark
        • Jennifer Logan
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
            Hey Abigail.  There is one that has shown up on craigslist in Napa a couple of times recently.