Re: [rootsradicals] Re: San jose bay area dummy/ xtra owners sound off

  • Mike Ku
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
      Well so far only two responses. I know there's gotta be more than two right?  How about anyone willing to come over to sj or Santa cruz.

      On Dec 8, 2008, at 14:10, "jday_xtracycle" <jday@...> wrote:

      There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
      be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
      parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
      Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
      hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
      system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
      fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

      Jim

      --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

      > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
      > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
      > los gatos creek trail.

    • Rick Pickett
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
        I would totally rock a SC/SJ RRR (Rootsradicals Rally) but can't till after the New Year.

        Cheers,
        Rick

        On Dec 8, 2008, at 14:10, "jday_xtracycle" <jday@baymoon. com> wrote:

        There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
        be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
        parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
        Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
        hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
        system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
        fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

        Jim

        --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

        > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
        > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
        > los gatos creek trail.

      • Mark Damiani
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
          I reside in South Santa Cruz County however still buildin up my Big Dummy....I am riding a Project Rwanda Cargo bike around Santa Cruz these day....
          cheers,
          Mark

          There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
          be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
          parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
          Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
          hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
          system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
          fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

          Jim

          --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

          > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
          > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
          > los gatos creek trail.

        • Abigail vR
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
            I live in Mountain View and ride an Xtracycle. I'm not much a trail
            rider, though, which is why I haven't replied before. I'm much more
            comfortable on paved streets.

            On another topic, I often go to Red Rock Coffee in downtown Mountain
            View and see the Project Rwanda bike in their window. I have wondered
            if it's possible to get them here. How did you manage that one? :)

            Abigail

            On Dec 10, 2008, at 7:40 AM, Mark Damiani wrote:

            > I reside in South Santa Cruz County however still buildin up my Big
            > Dummy....I am riding a Project Rwanda Cargo bike around Santa Cruz
            > these day....
            > cheers,
            > Mark
          • Jennifer Logan
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
              Hey Abigail.  There is one that has shown up on craigslist in Napa a couple of times recently.