Re: San jose bay area dummy/ xtra owners sound off

  • jday_xtracycle
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
      There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
      be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
      parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
      Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
      hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
      system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
      fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

      Jim

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@...> wrote:

      > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
      > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
      > los gatos creek trail.

    • Mike Ku
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
        Well so far only two responses. I know there's gotta be more than two right?  How about anyone willing to come over to sj or Santa cruz.

        On Dec 8, 2008, at 14:10, "jday_xtracycle" <jday@...> wrote:

        There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
        be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
        parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
        Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
        hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
        system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
        fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

        Jim

        --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

        > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
        > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
        > los gatos creek trail.

      • Rick Pickett
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
          I would totally rock a SC/SJ RRR (Rootsradicals Rally) but can't till after the New Year.

          Cheers,
          Rick

          On Dec 8, 2008, at 14:10, "jday_xtracycle" <jday@baymoon. com> wrote:

          There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
          be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
          parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
          Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
          hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
          system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
          fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

          Jim

          --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

          > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
          > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
          > los gatos creek trail.

        • Mark Damiani
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
            I reside in South Santa Cruz County however still buildin up my Big Dummy....I am riding a Project Rwanda Cargo bike around Santa Cruz these day....
            cheers,
            Mark

            There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
            be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
            parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
            Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
            hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
            system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
            fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

            Jim

            --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

            > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
            > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
            > los gatos creek trail.

          • Abigail vR
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
              I live in Mountain View and ride an Xtracycle. I'm not much a trail
              rider, though, which is why I haven't replied before. I'm much more
              comfortable on paved streets.

              On another topic, I often go to Red Rock Coffee in downtown Mountain
              View and see the Project Rwanda bike in their window. I have wondered
              if it's possible to get them here. How did you manage that one? :)

              Abigail

              On Dec 10, 2008, at 7:40 AM, Mark Damiani wrote:

              > I reside in South Santa Cruz County however still buildin up my Big
              > Dummy....I am riding a Project Rwanda Cargo bike around Santa Cruz
              > these day....
              > cheers,
              > Mark
            • Jennifer Logan
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
                Hey Abigail.  There is one that has shown up on craigslist in Napa a couple of times recently.