San jose bay area dummy/ xtra owners sound off

  • Mike Ku
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2008
      Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
      south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
      los gatos creek trail.
    • jday_xtracycle
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
        There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
        be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
        parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
        Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
        hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
        system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
        fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

        Jim

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@...> wrote:

        > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
        > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
        > los gatos creek trail.

      • Mike Ku
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
          Well so far only two responses. I know there's gotta be more than two right?  How about anyone willing to come over to sj or Santa cruz.

          On Dec 8, 2008, at 14:10, "jday_xtracycle" <jday@...> wrote:

          There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
          be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
          parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
          Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
          hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
          system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
          fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

          Jim

          --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

          > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
          > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
          > los gatos creek trail.

        • Rick Pickett
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2008
            I would totally rock a SC/SJ RRR (Rootsradicals Rally) but can't till after the New Year.

            Cheers,
            Rick

            On Dec 8, 2008, at 14:10, "jday_xtracycle" <jday@baymoon. com> wrote:

            There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
            be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
            parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
            Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
            hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
            system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
            fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

            Jim

            --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

            > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
            > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
            > los gatos creek trail.

          • Mark Damiani
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
              I reside in South Santa Cruz County however still buildin up my Big Dummy....I am riding a Project Rwanda Cargo bike around Santa Cruz these day....
              cheers,
              Mark

              There are a few of us xtra/bd riders over here in santa cruz. It would
              be fun to get together. I couldn't make it to our local holiday
              parade here and haven't had a mass longtail experience since the
              Ginger Ninjas were in Monterey. I still miss the longtail masses
              hijacking Cannery Row, a slow cruise at midnight with the sound
              system blasting, I would be into a group ride! LGC trail would be
              fine even though I will need to haul the X over the hill (no assist yet).

              Jim

              --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Ku <mikeku76@.. .> wrote:

              > Just wondering how many xtra or big dummy owners we have here in the
              > south bay area? Thinking about a cargo bike get together. Say at the
              > los gatos creek trail.

            • Abigail vR
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
                I live in Mountain View and ride an Xtracycle. I'm not much a trail
                rider, though, which is why I haven't replied before. I'm much more
                comfortable on paved streets.

                On another topic, I often go to Red Rock Coffee in downtown Mountain
                View and see the Project Rwanda bike in their window. I have wondered
                if it's possible to get them here. How did you manage that one? :)

                Abigail

                On Dec 10, 2008, at 7:40 AM, Mark Damiani wrote:

                > I reside in South Santa Cruz County however still buildin up my Big
                > Dummy....I am riding a Project Rwanda Cargo bike around Santa Cruz
                > these day....
                > cheers,
                > Mark
              • Jennifer Logan
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 10, 2008
                  Hey Abigail.  There is one that has shown up on craigslist in Napa a couple of times recently.