Re: [rootsradicals] proud new Dummy owner

  • Carl Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2008
      Congratulations !

      I can tell you that Morgan and Elise provide excellent support. They care about Customer Satisfaction.  My experience was awesome too.

      Big Dummy's are just so cool ....... someday.

      Carl

      On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 5:40 AM, <ama3655@...> wrote:

      Yip Yip Yahoo!

      A while back I posted to this list asking for advise on how to outfit a new Dummy. The responses were great and much appreciated.

      I also got a reply from Morgan advising that they had a near new Big Dummy for sale at Cycle9.

      It didn't take me long to decide that another way to approach this purchase was to get a bike that was equipped a bit differently than I would have preferred, at a nicely reduced price, and ride the thing. I've found that integrating  a pile of bike parts into a functioning bike can be a painstaking process, and this would be a large pile. Purchasing a working bike whole makes a lot of sense. If there turn out to be components that don't suit my needs they can be dealt with as needed.

      I should note that I have a pretty good grasp of bike mechanics, tools, and a brother who owns a bike shop close by.

      Anyway, FedEx dropped a rather large box of Dummy here last night at around 11:00 (those guys are working late this year). Today will be spent down in the shop beating the parts into submission and hopefully tooling around on them a bit.

      My initial impression is favorable. Looks like good, industrial grade stuff. Definitely a lower cost/pound than my Raleigh Team bike or Cinelli Super Course, although it's much higher than my Honda Odyssey.

      Many Thanks to Elise and Morgan at Cycle9. I wish you well in your new business venture.

      happy trails - Fat Rob

      Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

      --
      Carl

      http://xtracycle.blogspot.com

      "Our planes and automobiles have made it possible for us to go anywhere and see nothing, but our simpler, slower means of conveyance, our feet and our bicycles and wind-powered boats, still connect us to this earth that is not ours to master, but to treasure."

      Kent Peterson
      http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/