Re: [rootsradicals] cam straps...why are end loops twisted?

  • Rick Pickett
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      Sorry for the delay in getting this info out, but we also have a downloadable PDF diagraming how Girth Hitches work.

      Click on the "Instructions" tab and you can download the PDF.

      Glad to hear you got your Radish locked and loaded for the kids, Laura.  Rock on!

      Cheers,
      Rick

      On Nov 28, 2008, at 8:29 PM, Laura Hamilton wrote:

      OK, call me a big dummy (heh), but I am trying to figure out the cam
      straps that I got from Xtracycle.

      I assume that I need to slide off the Free Radical bags on either
      side and slip the loops of the cam straps onto the aluminum frame.
      Right?

      But the ends of the cam straps are TWISTED LOOPS of nylon webbing.
      When I slip them onto the aluminum bar, they remain twisted and don't
      lie flat.
      I don't get it. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to be putting
      them on some somewhere else? What up with the loop ends being twisted?

      Warmly,
      Laura Hamilton
      Mama to Julian (Feb '04)
      and Adrian (Jan '07)