iFM from GriffinTechnology - just a friendly tip to the Roots!

  • Carl Ray
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2008
      Hey folks,

      There is a really cool sale going on at Griffin Technology right now til end of November... Almost all their stuff is free shipping and deep discounts.

      You can buy an iFM that enables your ipod to be an FM radio.
      So in my case I cam listen to Democracy Now on the way to work while riding my bike. On the return trip I can listen to my iPod music library.

      iFM is not to be confused with the other products that Griffin makes that work with your car so it transmit over your radio.
      iFM becomes a radio receiver for the iPod.

      Normal price $49.99
      sale price      $19.99
      less discount -$5.00
      -----------------------------
      Total              $14.99

      SAVE $35.00  FREE SHIPPING TOO.

      Please Keep the walmart employee and lady who was stampeded at walmart today in your prayers.
      thank you...

      --
      Carl

      http://xtracycle.blogspot.com

      "Our planes and automobiles have made it possible for us to go anywhere and see nothing, but our simpler, slower means of conveyance, our feet and our bicycles and wind-powered boats, still connect us to this earth that is not ours to master, but to treasure."

      Kent Peterson
      http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/

    • Morgan
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2008
        Hi Carl,

        Seeing your note about the guy who was stampeded, and then reading about it,
        just makes me sick. Though I am in the retail business, it really saddens me
        that "holiday shopping" has come to this. What kind of people would trample
        a guy so they can save five bucks on a pair of shoes? When I think about the
        fact that I'm sharing the roads with those same people, most of whom are
        ineffectually piloting 2-ton metal cages, it gives me the creeps.

        I must say, the whole WalMart thing represents what is worst about America.
        I know plenty of people who shop there, and say they do so to "save money".
        But, did they ever stop to think, "why am I saving money?," or, "What are the
        long term consequences of my actions?" Well, I was going to write more about
        this, but then a quick Google search turned up a great rant here:
        http://www.davelippman.com/walmart/whyihatewalmart.html

        Onto the ipod: What kind of speakers are you using? (hopefully not headphones?)

        I use the I-ride stereo, which is a decent way to avoid using headphones on the
        bike... they are promising a newer, Hi-fi version soon. There's also the new CyFi
        speaker, but I have yet to try it - it is a bit pricey.

        Morgan