Looking for an xtracycle to try in Boston, MA area

  • Irene
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2006
      We are thinking of purchasing one and would love to ride one before
      investing. Anyone willing to meet up and test ride theirs? Or oes
      anyone know of a bike shop that sells them? We would be especially
      grateful if you have a peapod seat our son could try out as well.

      Thanks!

      Irene & Kevin
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2006
        I'm not too close to MA (central ILlinois :-)) but my bike was not
        changed overmuch with the addition. I'd read the commentaries about
        it handling well, but I couldn't tell if people were saying it handled
        well compared to, say, a loaded trailer or panniers & racks stacked to
        the sky.
        The only time the "handling" is a challenge is getting it back &
        forth in the garage, and getting it into a car (I got a flat on a
        group ride, and didn't have my spare tube, and everybody else had
        Presta valve tires... and I wasn't *really* looking forward to 12 more
        miles into the 25 mph wind.)
        I'm pretty klutzy - have to think about *everything* to learn how
        to do it - but (so far anyway!) the transition to longbike has been
        seamless. Maybe it's those yoga classes, but I can sort of "feel"
        that it's longer, but it doesn't make the front wobble or anything.

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Irene" <luttsfly@...> wrote:

        > We are thinking of purchasing one and would love to ride one before
        > investing. Anyone willing to meet up and test ride theirs? Or oes
        > anyone know of a bike shop that sells them? We would be especially
        > grateful if you have a peapod seat our son could try out as well.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Irene & Kevin

      • Andrew Janjigian
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2006
          I have an Xtracycle in Cambridge, but it has the Stokemonkey mod, which you will find too different to give you a good sense of the XC, or convince you that you need both.

          I have no kids, and hence no peapod. Sorry.

          Let me know, and we can arrange a test if the roads stay dry.

          Andrew

          On Feb 6, 2006, at 3:06 PM, Irene wrote:

          We are thinking of purchasing one and would love to ride one before
          investing.  Anyone willing to meet up and test ride theirs?  Or oes
          anyone know of a bike shop that sells them?  We would be especially
          grateful if you have a peapod seat our son could try out as well.

          Thanks!

          Irene & Kevin

          ride to believe.

          Konjac root Roots blower Ginseng root
          Root canal Root canal therapy Burdock root

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS