Re: Xtra's on the City Bus

  • forschmiedt
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 11, 2006
      On second and third look at that photo, where the forks go is indeed a
      mystery.

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "forschmiedt" <ghorstf@...> wrote:

      > Check out the pictures section. There's a picture of Aaron loading his
      > onto a bus here in Seattle. It looks like he has taken the front wheel
      > off.
      > FF
      >
      > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Amos Patrick" <apatrick@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey, does anyone have any experience with placing their Xtra-equipped
      > > bike on the bike racks found on the front of city busses? Does it work
      > > or is the bike too long? Any tricks to make it work?
      > >
      > > -Amos

    • Murray Neill
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2006
        It looks to me like the weight from the front of the bike goes on the
        cranks which are resting on the rack.

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "forschmiedt" <ghorstf@...> wrote:

        > On second and third look at that photo, where the forks go is indeed a
        > mystery.
      • Kipchoge Spencer
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 16, 2006
          The front weight indeed rests on the bottom bracket, and the front wheel retention bar goes over the top tube.

          I was touring in Hawaii once and we wanted to get on the 75-cent bus that goes all around Oahu. But they don't let you on with luggage. So we just kept our big drybags inside the FreeLoaders and loaded the whole bikes on front of the bus...

          --
          Kipchoge Spencer

          29085 Highway 49
          North San Juan CA 95960