Re: Surley Big Dummy

  • Mark Pierce
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2006
      tell a kid not to stuff cayolas up his nose.........and what's he
      gonna do???

      markus parkus
      rogue cycle works

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Sue"
      <sfroehlich1@...> wrote:

      > I don't say much here since I joined but I think a kid sized
      xtracycle would be great. I would say ref the point of not wanting
      kids to ride other kids around...they do that anyway and in a very
      unsafe fashion up on handlebars and such. So if they are going to do
      it anyway might as well give them something a little bit more
      secure....just my opinion anyway.

      practical for kids, an xtracycle is probably not the thing. You don't
      want to encourage young kids to be carrying other kids around.

      > The standard kids' bike in Japan comes with a basket on the front,
      a dynamo headlight, and mudguards. You can't get much more practical
      than that. Some inexpensive but reasonably good examples:

      > http://item.rakuten.co.jp/kurohige/ctb266__szk/
      > http://www.rakuten.co.jp/tamakosi/457629/670155/#664943
      >

      > On 09/12/06, Bruce Alan Wilson <bawilson@...> wrote:
      > My problem with the Surley is that it is so expensive. Surley
      makes good
      > bikes, but they are pricy. I wish that the Xtracycle people had
      > contracted with a less high-end manufacturer, one whose products
      would be
      > affordable for more people.
      >
      > I'd also like to see Xtracycle additions sized for kid's bikes.
      Not the
      > LITTLE kid's bikes, but the ones for older children, say 8-15.
      Get them
      > in the habit of thinking of a bicycle as a mode of
      transportation rather