idle thoughts re surly big dummy

  • pystanis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2006
      Have not tried an xtracyle but I still plan on getting a big dummy
      when it becomes available.

      When I first ran across xtracycle it sounded great to me and more so
      upon learning about the foundation to produce bikes in africa. The
      prototype is the third world version of the big dummy and the web site
      xaccess.org seems to say that the plans will be available.
      Update the website has a pointer to worldbike.org

      Trying to recall, I think the black chinese 3 speed bikes were around
      120 dollars in Liberia around 1984. Few people could afford them so I
      have to wonder about the cargo bike. It would be interesting to
      compare the final version of the big dummy with the xaccess frame

      Here I go way off yonder in speculation. Since the xtracyle can be
      fitted to a (large) number of frames and still perform adequately?
      It would seem that trying to make the big dummy frame optimal to be
      quite a trick especially with low versus high cargo loads. I only
      intend to use the bike for touring with camping loads.