raining

  • eric zerowin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2006
      Being an Xtra retailer and regular rider I have spent lots of time experiencing the same scenarios as ya'll. My snap deck has weathered alot due to the sun here in Colorado (high rate of skin cancer too) and I have just let it continue to weather and it has just gained character. Xtra didn't coat the decks with harsh sealers because there isn't one out there that will do any good and still be eco-friendly. As far as your frame goes, an occasional spray of any water inhibiter works but something like JP Weigle's frame saver would be best because it actually leaves a coating to prevent rust where WD evaporates and doesn't leave anything behind. Rust isn't a problem for us here in Denver because it is so dry. My X lives in the back yard and gets snow on it sometimes but has no signs of rust and I've had it for 5 years now.

      Eric Zerowin

      Cherry Creek Bike Rack
      303-388-1630
      Denver Bike Tours/RMP&E