Election Xtra: Yard Sign Billboard Bike

  • katethelizard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2008
      Guess what -- a standard yard sign fits perfectly on the back of my X!
      Billboard Bike is born!

      Now I get shout-outs of support and questions from voters as I ride
      around town. A clear plastic pencil pouch for a 3-ring binder holds
      brochures (originally it had Xtracycle info cards) so people can learn
      more when my bike is parked in a public place.

      The wire posts of the U-shaped sign frame slide down snugly through
      the fabric loops where the Freeloaders attach around the upright
      FreeRadical tubing, at least with this style of yard sign. When the
      election is over the frame can hold custom-made or home-made signs.

      Speak your mind -- the possibilities are endless. One more advantage
      of going car-free: a yard sign is a lot bigger than a bumper sticker!

      A pic is in my RootsRad folder, "Kate's X."

      Photo on my blog (beware: contains political opinions!):
      www.lizardseyeview@...

      Cheers,
      Kate in Pacific Grove, CA