Re: [rootsradicals] Re: gas shortages in SE USA

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 2, 2008

      On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 11:56 PM, MH <hoagy@...> wrote:
      Not as good
      as your motorbike but I suppose you can carry four bags of groceries
      home on yours.  One on either side of the backrest and one in each
      saddlebag.

      Nah!  on my motorcycle, I can get two, maybe 3, bags in the milk crate on the rear seat so I don't like shopping on the bicycle unless I KNOW that I am not going to have a lot to get.  today I DID take it, i got 3 bottles of tonic water, a bottle of Gin, 2 limes (guess what I am doing with THAT stuff!!!  RIGHT!) and some sour cream for SWMBO.  If I am going for "real" I take the SUB.  MUCH easier to load groceries on that than the MC.  This is the contrast.  the motorcycle is a bit faster, and does not really use much gas, (Last tankful was 109 mpg)  and insurance is like $35 a year.  OK, that is fine, but the bicycle has more cargo room and it is easier to simply USE.  I prefer to commute on my bicycle if I can.  But who can say...I STILL have to fix the fuel pump on my little car!

      mark

      I wonder how Anne Littlebird is doing?  She must be pretty
      busy with her music and work.  Anne are you there?

      Mark Garvey wrote:
      > I went to the gas station today because I have been riding my motorcycle
      > more than my bike lately.  My motorcycle took 1.6 gallons of gas, and I had
      > driven it 175 miles more or less in the last two weeks.  (the bike only
      > about 50 miles....sigh...)

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: