Corrected link

  • Phil GE
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
      Here's the correct link with a photo of the new Kickback kickstand from Xtracycle.

      This looks well designed. I spoke with one of the Xtracycle folks yesterday (Dave?) and really look forward to getting one soon.

      -Phil
      --
    • Mighk Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
        >>Here's the correct link with a photo of the new Kickback kickstand
        from Xtracycle.

        >>This looks well designed. I spoke with one of the Xtracycle folks
        yesterday (Dave?) and really look forward to getting one soon.<<

        The new kickstand appears to preclude the use of WideLoaders or
        Footsies. Or am I missing something?

        Mighk
      • Santiago Oleas
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
          Those plugs apparently are removable allowing the wideloaders or
          footsies to be thrown in.

          I did find a picture of different accessory on a Radish that I can't
          understand its purpose.

          At first I thought it was a needed accessory for allowing the
          kickstand to be used with the wideloaders/footsies but then someone
          who was at the Xtracycle booth was able to see how it worked.

          http://flickr.com/photos/2kings/2885239025/in/set-72157607476413781/

          The best I can figure out is that it's there to help make the
          wide-loaders even wider, at least in the front.

          Santiago

          On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Mighk Wilson
          <mwilson@...> wrote:
          >>>Here's the correct link with a photo of the new Kickback kickstand
          > from Xtracycle.
          >
          >>>This looks well designed. I spoke with one of the Xtracycle folks
          > yesterday (Dave?) and really look forward to getting one soon.<<
          >
          > The new kickstand appears to preclude the use of WideLoaders or
          > Footsies. Or am I missing something?
          >
          > Mighk

        • Jenni Ertl
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008

            That is a longloader

            http://store.xtracycle.com/_e/Parts_and_Accessories/product/LL-002/LongLoader.htm

            It keeps long loads (surfboards, ladders, etc) out farther from your bike to give your leg room to pedal.

            Jenni

            http://ertlnet.blogspot.com

            http://www.progressivesynergy.com

            <mwilson@...> wrote:

            >>>Here's the correct link with a photo of the new Kickback kickstand
            > from Xtracycle.
            >
            >>>This looks well designed. I spoke with one of the Xtracycle folks
            > yesterday (Dave?) and really look forward to getting one soon.<<
            >
            > The new kickstand appears to preclude the use of WideLoaders or
            > Footsies. Or am I missing something?
            >
            > Mighk

          • Santiago Oleas
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
              Thanks! I knew of its existence but never saw what it looked like.

              Well there's proof that the new kickstand works with existing plug-in
              accessories.

              On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Jenni Ertl <ertlnet@...> wrote:
              > That is a longloader
              >
              > http://store.xtracycle.com/_e/Parts_and_Accessories/product/LL-002/LongLoader.htm
              >

              > It keeps long loads (surfboards, ladders, etc) out farther from your bike to
              > give your leg room to pedal.
              >

              > Jenni
              >
              > http://ertlnet.blogspot.com
              >
              > http://www.progressivesynergy.com

            • JJ Ark
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
                It looks to me like its there to keep that load clear of the foot-path.

                Actually, thats pretty smart.  If you are carrying a wide load a bunch of boxes that suddenly slid forward might be a problem to pedalling, and if your foot is in a clip, then you are kinda screwed.

                jj

                <mwilson@metroplanor lando.com> wrote:
                >>>Here's the correct link with a photo of the new Kickback kickstand
                > from Xtracycle.
                >
                >>>This looks well designed. I spoke with one of the Xtracycle folks
                > yesterday (Dave?) and really look forward to getting one soon.<<
                >
                > The new kickstand appears to preclude the use of WideLoaders or
                > Footsies. Or am I missing something?
                >
                > Mighk

                JJ Ark

                "I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut." --Hattori Hanzo. Kill Bill Vol. 1

              • Mark Garvey
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
                  naw!  that is just there to make it easy to carry things that would normally protrude into your pedal space.  the Longloader is an accessory that lives on my bike JUST like the wideloaders!  I have TWO longloaders, one for each side!   I normally run with only one, but the second one comes in handy!

                  mark

                  <mwilson@...> wrote:
                  >>>Here's the correct link with a photo of the new Kickback kickstand
                  > from Xtracycle.
                  >
                  >>>This looks well designed. I spoke with one of the Xtracycle folks
                  > yesterday (Dave?) and really look forward to getting one soon.<<
                  >
                  > The new kickstand appears to preclude the use of WideLoaders or
                  > Footsies. Or am I missing something?
                  >
                  > Mighk

                  JJ Ark

                  "I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut." --Hattori Hanzo. Kill Bill Vol. 1

                  --
                  "C'mon BABY!  Let's do the TWIST!"

                  Chubby Checker