Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Sure, all these cargo bikes are great, but...

  • MH
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
      Bruce Alan Wilson wrote:
      > "Its just that if I want to ride a friend around town on the
      > back of my utility bike I need a 600 pound rating. -Mark H."
      >
      > You need to get some skinnier friends. :-)

      Sorry man, some of use were built like front linesman
      U.S. football players. I think back to Rosie Greer
      getting out of the VW Beetle and knitting booties.
      I'm little compared to my two cousins who are giants
      and toss me around like a bag of potatoes. -Mark H.
    • MH
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
        Bruce Alan Wilson wrote:
        > Longtails have their limit. There is a certain point where a bakfiest or
        > something similar, or even a cargo, trike is needed

        You know I tried a large basketed recumbent trike for
        shopping and heading to the laundromat. It was a nice
        setup and worked real nice for four years. For me
        there is something about a bicycle thats just sort of
        sporty about it or maybe its the ability to lean into
        the curves thats appealing. -Mark H.