Re: [rootsradicals] Radish not out until late October :-(

  • Abigail vR
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      Where was your step through Townie supposed to be coming from? I
      think they have them at the REI in Mountain View.

      Abigail

      On Oct 1, 2008, at 9:31 PM, Laura Hamilton wrote:

      > Well, I called to order my Radish the other day, but they have removed
      > it from sale and are holding off until the next batch arrives at the
      > end of the month.
      >
      > Not sure what the issue was, but apparently they were not happy with
      > the first batch.
      >
      > The delay is killing me, I can't WAIT to get on a cargo bike and get
      > out of my car! My kids hate the confinement of the bike trailer. I
      > waited fruitlessly for 6 weeks to get a step-through Townie that never
      > arrived, and now the Radish is delayed. Aargh...I know the wait will
      > be worth it, but ohhhhh, it's HARD right now!

    • Laura Hamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
        I ordered it from Wheel Away Cycle Center in Campbell, but after 6
        weeks I gave up and canceled. They had blue available, and the green
        art model, but I wanted white.

        Since then I have read that X doesn't recommend the step-through if
        you plan on riding with more than 100 pounds. And I'm in love with
        what I've seen of the Radish, it's so pretty and has disc brakes and
        glow pedals and lots of little nice details that I wouldn't get with a
        Townie conversion.

        But all this waiting is killing me! Golden fall days, perfect bike
        weather, every trip I make that I could be doing on a bike instead.
        I'll probably get my Radish just in time for the rainy season to
        start.

        Where are you again, Abigail? I sell parenting gear at my store, The
        Portable Baby, and I am thinking about working with X and a local bike
        mechanic to sell the Radish assembled and ready to go. If I like it,
        that is. But I think tons of moms would leap at the opportunity to be
        able to use a cargo bike, if they a) knew about it b) could see and
        try one first and c) not have to deal with assembly, but could just go
        buy one and pick it up.

        Kids going nuts, gotta go!

        On 10/1/08, Abigail vR <abigailvr@...> wrote:
        > Where was your step through Townie supposed to be coming from? I
        > think they have them at the REI in Mountain View.
        >
        > Abigail
        >
        > On Oct 1, 2008, at 9:31 PM, Laura Hamilton wrote:
        >
        >> Well, I called to order my Radish the other day, but they have removed
        >> it from sale and are holding off until the next batch arrives at the
        >> end of the month.
        >>
        >> Not sure what the issue was, but apparently they were not happy with
        >> the first batch.
        >>
        >> The delay is killing me, I can't WAIT to get on a cargo bike and get
        >> out of my car! My kids hate the confinement of the bike trailer. I
        >> waited fruitlessly for 6 weeks to get a step-through Townie that never
        >> arrived, and now the Radish is delayed. Aargh...I know the wait will
        >> be worth it, but ohhhhh, it's HARD right now!

        Warmly,
        Laura Hamilton
        Mama to Julian (Feb '04)
        and Adrian (Jan '07)
        Life: http://www.viviente.com
        Work: http://www.theportablebaby.com
      • Abigail vR
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
          I'm in Mountain View. Funny, I ended up with a white step-through
          Townie but I would have rather had blue or green. Ah well. I got a
          step-through because when I had my son on the back of a regular bike
          in a seat I always felt like I was going to either fall over or kick
          him in the face. I don't haul huge loads other than the two kids, and
          together they are still under 100lbs.

          I think a local place to buy the Radish would be awesome. I get lots
          of questions about my bike and I'd bet that not just moms would buy it!

          Abigail