Radish not out until late October :-(

  • Laura Hamilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
      Well, I called to order my Radish the other day, but they have removed
      it from sale and are holding off until the next batch arrives at the
      end of the month.

      Not sure what the issue was, but apparently they were not happy with
      the first batch.

      The delay is killing me, I can't WAIT to get on a cargo bike and get
      out of my car! My kids hate the confinement of the bike trailer. I
      waited fruitlessly for 6 weeks to get a step-through Townie that never
      arrived, and now the Radish is delayed. Aargh...I know the wait will
      be worth it, but ohhhhh, it's HARD right now!

      Warmly,
      Laura Hamilton
      Mama to Julian (Feb '04)
      and Adrian (Jan '07)
      Life: http://www.viviente.com
      Work: http://www.theportablebaby.com
    • Abigail vR
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2008
        Where was your step through Townie supposed to be coming from? I
        think they have them at the REI in Mountain View.

        Abigail

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
          I ordered it from Wheel Away Cycle Center in Campbell, but after 6
          weeks I gave up and canceled. They had blue available, and the green
          art model, but I wanted white.

          Since then I have read that X doesn't recommend the step-through if
          you plan on riding with more than 100 pounds. And I'm in love with
          what I've seen of the Radish, it's so pretty and has disc brakes and
          glow pedals and lots of little nice details that I wouldn't get with a
          Townie conversion.

          But all this waiting is killing me! Golden fall days, perfect bike
          weather, every trip I make that I could be doing on a bike instead.
          I'll probably get my Radish just in time for the rainy season to
          start.

          Where are you again, Abigail? I sell parenting gear at my store, The
          Portable Baby, and I am thinking about working with X and a local bike
          mechanic to sell the Radish assembled and ready to go. If I like it,
          that is. But I think tons of moms would leap at the opportunity to be
          able to use a cargo bike, if they a) knew about it b) could see and
          try one first and c) not have to deal with assembly, but could just go
          buy one and pick it up.

          Kids going nuts, gotta go!

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2008
            I'm in Mountain View. Funny, I ended up with a white step-through
            Townie but I would have rather had blue or green. Ah well. I got a
            step-through because when I had my son on the back of a regular bike
            in a seat I always felt like I was going to either fall over or kick
            him in the face. I don't haul huge loads other than the two kids, and
            together they are still under 100lbs.

            I think a local place to buy the Radish would be awesome. I get lots
            of questions about my bike and I'd bet that not just moms would buy it!

            Abigail