Re: Sure, all these cargo bikes are great, but...

  • Bruce Alan Wilson
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
      Re: Sure, all these cargo bikes are great, but...

      Longtails have their limit.  There is a certain point where a bakfiest or something similar, or even a cargo, trike is needed

      Bruce Alan Wilson

    • MH
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
        Bruce Alan Wilson wrote:
        > "Its just that if I want to ride a friend around town on the
        > back of my utility bike I need a 600 pound rating. -Mark H."
        >
        > You need to get some skinnier friends. :-)

        Sorry man, some of use were built like front linesman
        U.S. football players. I think back to Rosie Greer
        getting out of the VW Beetle and knitting booties.
        I'm little compared to my two cousins who are giants
        and toss me around like a bag of potatoes. -Mark H.
      • MH
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 1, 2008
          Bruce Alan Wilson wrote:
          > Longtails have their limit. There is a certain point where a bakfiest or
          > something similar, or even a cargo, trike is needed

          You know I tried a large basketed recumbent trike for
          shopping and heading to the laundromat. It was a nice
          setup and worked real nice for four years. For me
          there is something about a bicycle thats just sort of
          sporty about it or maybe its the ability to lean into
          the curves thats appealing. -Mark H.