Re: [rootsradicals] Raining...

  • Ben Rosenthal
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2006
      The guys at City Bikes (D.C.) who installed my FreeRadical said their decks had gotten practically torn up and nearly ruined from wear and tear over the years, and recommend I apply a finish to mine. I did so at home; my dad who helped me do it said the coating we put on should allow it to withstand a flood. And withstand floods it did, given all the rain I got in Connecticut this past fall. I had bought the waterproof FreeLoaders, knowing I'd be exposed to a significant amount of riding rain during the lifetime of my Xtracycle, so most of my rear frame was protected. In six months of ownership, I haven't oiled my tubing yet, and haven't discovered rust, but I appreciate Jeff's feedback.

      - Ben