internal gears

  • forkndork110
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2006
      Anybody else riding internal gears? what are your impressions? I'm
      going to ride through the winter before i make my final judgement, but
      so far i love my nexus 7 set-up.
      This will be my third year with my freerad, when i saw it online i
      instantly saw the practicality of it.
    • Leifert, Jesse - BLS
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2006
        Message
        I have the nexus 8 setup on mine and love it.  Simple lines and cleaner look.  Plus you can run a 1/8" chain for that track look. :)

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2006
          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "forkndork110" <gobned110@...>
          wrote:

          > Anybody else riding internal gears? what are your impressions? I'm
          > going to ride through the winter before i make my final judgement, but
          > so far i love my nexus 7 set-up.
          > This will be my third year with my freerad, when i saw it online i
          > instantly saw the practicality of it.

          I love 'em on my "new" Gazelle, though I don't know enough to love
          them thoroughly. I just like being able to ride in the elements and
          not grunge anything up.
        • Brian Rush
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 21, 2006
            I'm loving the Nexus 8 on my Electra Townie! Along with the grunge
            prevention mentioned, I never have to worry about what gear I'm in
            before taking off. Not too many hills around here, so the 8 speeds
            work out fine.