xtracycle ride in seattle, shows in portland and San Francisco

  • Kipchoge Spencer
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
      I wanted to let you all know about some shows coming up where I'll be playing music with one of my bandmates and talking about bicycles. Also an Xtracycle ride this Friday in Seattle.

      Here are the rough details. More on the blog.

      11/8 Portland, Private House Concert (email for invite inquiry) Acoustic w/Eco
      11/9 Portland, 7pm Hollywood Theater, Environmental Action Tour w/Timmy O'neil, Acoustic w/Eco
      11/10 Seattle, 6pm Xtracycle ride, Aaron's Bike Repair, followed by show at the Dead Babies' Bat Cave
      11/14 San Francisco, 7pm. Cowell Theater, Fort Mason. Environmental Action Tour w/Timmy O'neil, Acoustic w/Isaac and Eco

      Hope to see and meet some of you in person. If the weather's ok, Eco and I will be riding our new tall Xtracycle.

      peace,

      kipchoge

      --
      Kipchoge Spencer

      29085 Highway 49
      North San Juan CA 95960
      530/292-1401
      www.pleasantrevolution.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006

        Kipchoge,

                    Tall Xtracycle? Do you have any photos you can share with the group? There is at least one crew of bikers in NYC, who make their own tall bikes from multiple old frames welded together. Each year they host an event called “Bike Kill” where they then hold bicycle jousting. Is the new tall Xtracycle you speak of something like those?

        _TONE_

      • Paul Freedman
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2006
          I had a chance to snap a few pictures while helping Kipchoge finish the
          new tall bike this weekend.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/28602169@N00/

          Before I could get any of the fun, riding shots, my soul sycle fell over
          and I dropped my camera in the dirt. But the bike rides great! The long
          wheelbase is really beneficial. I had to do an emergency stop at one
          point and I didn't tip forward.

          Paul

          Paul Freedman
          Fossil Fool

          "The Only Safety Products Bikers Can't Wait to Use!"

          Available at: www.fossilfool.com
          Phone: Toll-free 1-888-DLG-BIKE
          Fax: 443-347-0521
          Email: paul@...