Re: FYI, studded 700c x 35 tires on an xtracycle

  • jparks781
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2006
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Ben Rosenthal <earthsaver@...>
      wrote:

      > ... I suppose the Nokian's carbide studs are the extra cost,...
      >
      > - Ben

      Yes - they don't wear nearly as fast as the non-carbide styles. I've
      used the 47-559 size, a.k.a. "26x1.75/1.9" by the sidewall markings.
      Actually I never got around to installing the one on the rear wheel,
      as the extra length wheelbase gave me enough latitude to recover from
      rear-wheel slides once the front wheel sliding was eliminated. Yeah,
      they're a bit noisier than street tires, but not much more than plain
      knobbies.