Calling all DIYers

  • quincywally
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2008
      As of now, the new Xtracycle Dealer Agreement will not allow bike
      shops to sell you a Free Radical Kit. The agreement states that all
      bike shops that stock Xtracycles must install it and cannot sell you
      a FR kit otherwise.

      You must either have the shop order it from Quality Bicycle Products
      in order to avoid the requirement. QBP sells at a much higher price
      than Xtracycle does, Don't ask me why!

      Also, the new Xtracycle Dealer agreement is designed to only favor
      the highest volume shops. (Performance anyone?) In fact, they have
      even put their highest volume dealers out of the loop. I sell many,
      many, many per year but cannot come close to the number they expect!
      It is crazy. Xtracycle was founded on the small guy. Now you can
      enjoy you going dealer direct as I do not expect many IBDs
      (Independent Bicycle Dealers) to be able to stock them at a price
      that is competative with Xtracycle direct.

      Good luck!

      Signing off, Aaron's Bicycle Repair, the former #1, now apparently #3
      Xtracycle Dealer in the USA.

      Not Feeling the Flavor of the Freedom.....
    • Devin Quince
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2008
        This really sucks and goes against what the feel of Xtracycle is or maybe I should say, was.

        --
        Devin Quince
        http://quinceurbanhomestead.blogspot.com/

        Start demanding safe passage on our public roads!

        "Before there were automobiles, and after there will be automobiles, there will be bicycles moving people around for transportation"
        Andy Thornley, program director for the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition

        "Being so close to death makes you realize that you are alive"
        Nels Johson 1988 Iditabike rider

        "Cars are for societies where they have yet to understand what quality of life actually means."
        Elderly Dutch cyclist encountered by Mark Jenkins near the town of Gouda along the Rijn River

        "Biofuels pit the 800 million people with cars against the 800 million who go to bed hungry."
        Lester Brown, Earth Policy Institute

      • Tim Lupfer
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2008
          you can ignore my response to your other post, as this one answers my
          questions.