Got myself a new shuttle truck

  • Derek
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 16, 2006
    • John Speare
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 16, 2006
        On 10/16/06, Derek <derekjpearson@...> wrote:

        > You gotta get to the trails somehow..
        >
        > http://www.bikerubbish.com/xtracycle2/xtracycle/images/gallery/wedding39.jpg

        Here's another way to do haul a bike if you are using the freeloaders:
        http://www.johndogfood.com/john/reduced/04-09-06%20004.jpg

        this was one of my first bike-hauling experiences. I've since learned
        to use another bungee over the top of the wheel (wrapped around the
        rim/tire) and to make sure the cranks are horizontal. For some bikes
        (like my wife's with an internal hub) the cranks will want to turn
        when the rear wheel rotates, so I'll bungee the cranks in place too.

        I hauled a craigslist bike home about 13 miles using this method.

        John

        --
        John Speare
        Spokane, WA USA
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 17, 2006
          Thank you - I need to drop my Xtra at the bike shop to get those disk
          brakes installed and it would be handy to be able to ride the rest of
          the way to work on my Trek. It's only 5 miles.

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "John Speare" <johnspeare@...>