Crazy Guy On A Bike Now and then.... Penny Farthings from Heaven

  • kwikfile08
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2008
      Okay kids I get jazzed and have to post!

      This may have been mentioned before but here it goes.

      These guys (Joff Summerfield and Thomas Stevens) are 100 years apart but their shared sense of adventure is  inspiring and awesome!

      I have been reading about this guy from England riding a scratch built PENNY FARTHING  . You know the BIG wheel in Front and the little baby wheel in back, type. In this blog his is venturing around the world. The Aussie, Tasmani and New Zealand stuff is just great. Reading this blog is real fun... Follow along mates!

      Now he ain't the first one to do this. The first cycle tourist is this cat named Thomas Stevens one crazy MoFo if you know what I mean 1884-1887!
      To read his story PDF by PDF go here  and search for Thomas Stevens in the authors box. This site is the 1984 L.A. Olympic site repository...

      The KiWi local news did this video  Give it time to load...

      Man I am jonsing real bad now to tour Australia Tasmania and New Zealand  ... It's Friday night in Los Angeles and I am a million miles from here. Man I love World Travel stories!

      Well guys I just wanted to pass this along - I am going back the to read more about Joff Summerfield

      namaste'

      Carl