Re: Anybody using or seen the Glow Spek Pedals???

  • kwikfile08
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
      That's too bad dude :(

      Sorry to hear that, I would expect more out of them. I might buy mine
      from REI now in case that happens. They support their stuff pretty
      weel as far as returns go.

      Carl
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "fifteenwindow"
      <fifteenwindow@...> wrote:

      > I put a set of these on my dummy last february. They were brighter
      > than I expected, especially at night without streetlights. But by june
      > they had both stopped lighting. That was about 300-400 miles of
      > riding. Now they are just pedals with reflectors, no flash. I'm
      > interested to hear others' experiences, as I really liked them while
      > they worked. Take Good Care, Billy
      >
      > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "kwikfile08" <kwikfile@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Glow Spek Pedals
      > > <http://store.xtracycle.com/_e/Parts_and_Accessories/product/PD-
      > 100/Glow\
      > > spek_Pedals.htm>
      > >
      > > I am thinking about those pedals. I want add to my "Be seen" factor
      > at
      > > night and mornings...
      > >
      > > Are they really that bright???
      > >
      > > Carl

    • MH
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
        Hey, thats neat. GlowSpek has 8 choices -
        http://www.glowspek.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=80
        I'm not sure which ones to get yet but I like these at
        http://www.rei.com/product/753562
        with 8 LED's per pedal. Hopefully the plastic resin will
        keep the working parts sealed and dry. Pretty cool. -Mark H.

        kwikfile08 wrote:
        > That's too bad dude :(
        > Sorry to hear that, I would expect more out of them. I might buy mine
        > from REI now in case that happens. They support their stuff pretty
        > weel as far as returns go.
        > Carl

        > fifteenwindow wrote:
        >> I put a set of these on my dummy last february. They were brighter
        >> than I expected, especially at night without streetlights. But by june
        >> they had both stopped lighting. That was about 300-400 miles of
        >> riding. Now they are just pedals with reflectors, no flash. I'm
        >> interested to hear others' experiences, as I really liked them while
        >> they worked. Take Good Care, Billy

        >> kwikfile08 wrote:
        >>> Glow Spek Pedals
        >>> <http://store.xtracycle.com/_e/Parts_and_Accessories/product/PD-
        >> 100/Glow\spek_Pedals.htm>
        >>> I am thinking about those pedals. I want add to my "Be seen" factor
        >>> at night and mornings...
        >>> Are they really that bright???
        >>> Carl
      • MH
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
          Well, I ordered my plastic resin GlowSpek pedals from my local bike shop.
          They cost me $22 plus sales tax. If everything goes right I should get
          them the later half of next week. I suppose I better call him Monday to
          remind him. He's been very busy filling the till ... so he gets
          sidetracked. -Mark H.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9, 2008
            Checkout the GlowSpek pedal video -

            LED Safety Bicycle Pedals
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gta3jYeSfgg
            http://www.lightabike.com/Video.html
          • MH
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 14, 2008
              I got my 9/16" Glowspek Premier Flashing LED Safety Pedals and
              put them on my MTB. I liked them so much that three days later
              I order a 1/2" set for another bike. Still don't know if they
              will hold up to damp Wisconsin outdoor conditions but my bikes stay
              outside year round unless they get parked in the lean-to in winter.
              -Mark H.