Re: [rootsradicals] Interested in snapdeck kid seats?

  • Dane Buson
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, jimmy <mrjimmy55@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I'm new to this. Just got my Xtra yesterday. I looked around,
      > but couldn't find some conclusive information on stoker stems. Does
      > anyone know where I could find one that would fit my large (31.6mm)
      > seat post?

      Have you thought about using an oversized (31.8) stem, and then using
      the 1" adapter shim in the 'wrong' end of the for the handlebar?
      Granted, you'll need to buy an adjustable one so you can have a straight
      (zero degree) angle. But I think it would work.

      Example from nashbar for $40.

      http://nashbar.com/profile.cfm?sku=24281

      --
      Dane Buson - Buson@...
      You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.