kwikfile's flicker page!

  • kwikfile08
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2008
      Kwikfiles Kool Kids Flicker  site of the Hotter than Hot Xtracycle

      This is where all the Kool kids hang out!

      Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!

      Carl

    • MH
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2008
        Hi Carl, thats sure is a nice looking bike and a mighty
        fine piece of real estate but who's that guy in there? ;-)
        How is it you can upload all those photos and Flickr
        won't let me do more then three? You must be special.
        I've decided to try http://picasaweb.google.com/markhoagy
        They embolden my name without all the funny numbers and
        they give me one GB rather then 100 MB. -Mark H.

        kwikfile08 wrote:
        > Kwikfiles Kool Kids Flicker site of the Hotter than Hot Xtracycle
        > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/30141067@N05/with/2823354635/>
        >
        > This is where all the Kool kids hang out!
        >
        > Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!
        >
        > Carl
      • kwikfile08
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
          Dude - Heck I do not know? I just threw them up there. I like it
          because of the "Note Feature" it is fun. That guy is yours truly :)

          Great Picaso pics are you in Hawaii?

          Lucky!
          (In my Napolean Dynamite voice)

          namaste'

          Carl

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, MH <hoagy@...> wrote:

          > Hi Carl, thats sure is a nice looking bike and a mighty
          > fine piece of real estate but who's that guy in there? ;-)
          > How is it you can upload all those photos and Flickr
          > won't let me do more then three? You must be special.
          > I've decided to try http://picasaweb.google.com/markhoagy
          > They embolden my name without all the funny numbers and
          > they give me one GB rather then 100 MB. -Mark H.
          >
          > kwikfile08 wrote:
          > > Kwikfiles Kool Kids Flicker site of the Hotter than Hot Xtracycle
          > > <http://www.flickr.com/photos/30141067@N05/with/2823354635/>
          > >
          > > This is where all the Kool kids hang out!
          > >
          > > Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!
          > >
          > > Carl

        • MH
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
            No, I don't live in Hawaii. Can't afford it. I wouldn't mind
            visiting the Caribbean islands with a small sailboat called,
            Paradox http://www.microcruising.com

            I live on the 45th parallel near Eau Claire, WI USA.

            When I painted trailer house back in 1994 the right wing thought
            it was funny but liked the looks of it in there neighborhood.
            Now that global warming is a reality the local newspaper doesn't
            laugh about my place so much. :-)

            What do you mean by the "Note Feature"? -Mark H.

            kwikfile08 wrote:

            > Dude - Heck I do not know? I just threw them up there. I like it
            > because of the "Note Feature" it is fun. That guy is yours truly :)
            >
            > Great Picaso pics are you in Hawaii?
            >
            > Lucky!
            > (In my Napolean Dynamite voice)
            >

            > namaste'
            >
            > Carl
          • kwikfile08
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
              "Now that global warming is a reality the local newspaper doesn't
              > laugh about my place so much. :-)"

              Too bad Sarah doesn't believe that there is any Global Warming...
              When she has to push back the water, like she ridiculed Obama for last
              night, maybe then folks won't laugh anymore.

              I spoke with folks up in Trout Creek Montana and they had lived there
              all their lives. They told me personally that "It just isn't as cold
              and doesn't snow like it used to, when I was a growing up" I heard
              this all over Northern Idaho and Montana. Let's just drill the heck
              out of Alaska and off-shore and pretend to support Wind,Solar and
              other energy sources.

              Jeez Give-me-a-break...

              Carl

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, MH <hoagy@...> wrote:

              > No, I don't live in Hawaii. Can't afford it. I wouldn't mind
              > visiting the Caribbean islands with a small sailboat called,
              > Paradox http://www.microcruising.com
              >
              > I live on the 45th parallel near Eau Claire, WI USA.
              >
              > When I painted trailer house back in 1994 the right wing thought
              > it was funny but liked the looks of it in there neighborhood.
              > Now that global warming is a reality the local newspaper doesn't
              > laugh about my place so much. :-)
              >
              > What do you mean by the "Note Feature"? -Mark H.
              >
              > kwikfile08 wrote:
              > >
              > > Dude - Heck I do not know? I just threw them up there. I like it
              > > because of the "Note Feature" it is fun. That guy is yours truly :)
              > >
              > > Great Picaso pics are you in Hawaii?
              > >
              > > Lucky!
              > > (In my Napolean Dynamite voice)
              > >

              > > namaste'
              > >
              > > Carl

            • MH
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5, 2008

                kwikfile08 wrote:
                > Too bad Sarah doesn't believe that there is any Global Warming...
                > When she has to push back the water, like she ridiculed Obama for last
                > night, maybe then folks won't laugh anymore.
                >
                > Let's just drill the heck out of Alaska and off-shore and
                > pretend to support Wind,Solar and other energy sources.

                I feel the Republican leadership is not in touch with reality.
                They like to be mean spirited whiners which I find depressing.
                After nearly 30 years of republican leadership their trickle
                down economic plan isn't working. Most Americans are working
                harder for less and falling behind or struggling to keep up
                with inflation while the wealthy grow richer in magnitude.
                It seems to me the wealthy are not willing to share with others.
                Republicans are deeply offended that anyone would increase
                taxes on the weathy. What are democrats thinking by increasing
                taxation on the very rich while reducing taxes for the lower
                and middle class citizens. Is that the kind of change most
                Americans want - taking from the rich to help the rest of us?
                Good grief, what are the Democrats thinking? Americans need help
                but I don't see it coming from the right wing. The same goes for
                global warming and a energy policy that gets us out of this downward
                spiral. I want leadership that will give us a clean, renewable and
                sustainable energy plan like the Democratic ticket has. More solar,
                geothermal and wind energy rather then "Drill baby drill". -Mark H.
              • j.a. tackett
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5, 2008
                  i also find it hard to believe in the global warming stuff created by certain groups with an axe to grind..............

                  "Now that global warming is a reality the local newspaper doesn't
                  > laugh about my place so much. :-)"

                  Too bad Sarah doesn't believe that there is any Global Warming...
                  When she has to push back the water, like she ridiculed Obama for last
                  night, maybe then folks won't laugh anymore.

                  I spoke with folks up in Trout Creek Montana and they had lived there
                  all their lives. They told me personally that "It just isn't as cold
                  and doesn't snow like it used to, when I was a growing up" I heard
                  this all over Northern Idaho and Montana. Let's just drill the heck
                  out of Alaska and off-shore and pretend to support Wind,Solar and
                  other energy sources.

                  Jeez Give-me-a-break. ..

                  Carl

                  --- In rootsradicals@ yahoogroups. com, MH <hoagy@...> wrote:

                  > No, I don't live in Hawaii. Can't afford it. I wouldn't mind
                  > visiting the Caribbean islands with a small sailboat called,
                  > Paradox http://www.microcru ising.com
                  >
                  > I live on the 45th parallel near Eau Claire, WI USA.
                  >
                  > When I painted trailer house back in 1994 the right wing thought
                  > it was funny but liked the looks of it in there neighborhood.
                  > Now that global warming is a reality the local newspaper doesn't
                  > laugh about my place so much. :-)
                  >
                  > What do you mean by the "Note Feature"? -Mark H.
                  >
                  > kwikfile08 wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Dude - Heck I do not know? I just threw them up there. I like it
                  > > because of the "Note Feature" it is fun. That guy is yours truly :)
                  > >
                  > > Great Picaso pics are you in Hawaii?
                  > >
                  > > Lucky!
                  > > (In my Napolean Dynamite voice)
                  > >

                  > > namaste'
                  > >
                  > > Carl

                • MH
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2008
                    j.a. tackett wrote:
                    > i also find it hard to believe in the global warming stuff
                    > created by certain groups with an axe to grind..............

                    MH wrote:
                    Maybe John and Sarah will lead your way and they'll forget about
                    the important things Americans really want and need. Like
                    Real leadership away from the status quo & the oil fix we're into now.
                    I don't believe finite energy sources are going to get cheaper. Do you?
                    Solar, wind and tidal forces will continue as long as the sun continues
                    and its a free energy source that can be put to good use now rather than
                    later. We need new leadership not 4 more years of the same.
                    So grind away baby. -Mark H.
                  • Ted Howard
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 6, 2008
                      Hey Carl
                      Yep! Watch the pollies 'bread and circus' game and you'd think more
                      folks would be woken up to how insane it ALL is! I'm heartened to find
                      kindred spirits here who on some level seem to understand how rigged
                      the game is, and would prefer to ride bikes and build community
                      instead! Go team Xtracycle!

                      Check out this article:
                      http://carolynbaker.net/site/content/view/694/1/
                      POLITICAL WILL, POLITICAL WON'T, By Paul Chefurka
                      Wednesday, 03 September 2008
                      Politics is the problem, not the solution....

                      Regards
                      Ted
                      Nelson, NZ
                    • Mark Garvey
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 6, 2008

                        On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 10:40 AM, MH <hoagy@...> wrote:
                        in part...
                        Most Americans are working
                        harder for less and falling behind or struggling to keep up
                        with inflation...

                        OK, something that I have been thinking about here.  First, though I have been a union member in the past, I am not particularly enamored with them in their current state of being....but!

                        The largest economic boom this country has ever seen took place in the 1940s thru 1960's...the time of the rise of unions.  The union itself is not entirely necessary, BUT the fact that the "average working man (or woman)" was experiencing ever increasing wages meant that they could AFFORD to purchase a house, a car, and all that food!  They in turn supported more and more businesses.

                        Most companies today apparently believe that by  reducing pay and benefits for short term profits that they are making their company more successful. It is the EXACT opposite.  When you Move an industrial plant to someplace for cheaper labor, you lose a large number of consumers for your  (and other people's )product line in your intended market.  This MIGHT be worthwhile for a very few companies, but if you move your entire industrial base offshore, leaving your home country with no jobs, who will buy your product at home?

                        The remaining corporations see the economy going down (high unemployment, low profits) and decide that they MUST reduce wages to continue to make a profit and then THEIR employees are no longer able to purchase as many goods and services as before, leading to a further loss of business, profits and ultimately, jobs.

                        This is the situation we find ourselves in today.  People are not making as much as they were 50 years ago.  A friend mentioned that his father worked in a packing plant (now shut down) for about $4 an hour back in the 1960's.  His mother did not work outside the home, they had a nice house and two cars.  A "typical" 1960's family.    Today at $20 an hour (If you can find a job for that much!) a single worker can barely make ends meet.  Most traditional families have TWO people working full time to support a similar lifestyle to that supported by a single worker in 1960.

                        I don't know.   I can see that I personally am working an average of 50 hours a week (often 53-55) PLUS working a small business on weekends to pay the bills.  My wife does not work outside the home (OUR choice, not mine! and partly due to a medical condition) We are  not living a lavish lifestyle, or even particularly upper middle class.

                        I would submit that inflation is not the problem so much as the ever decreasing wages and benefits.   Our insurance at work has been rising in cost every year and we have not gotten a pay increase for 3 years, partially due to this.  the company has absorbed the $100 to $200 a month INCREASE in our medical benefits for the last few years and not bumped our pay.  So inflation, even at the low rate it has been moving, is making my dollar "worth" less.

                        I really don;'t know where it will go.

                        mark