Re: Interested in snapdeck kid seats?

  • stoutag
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 2 10:52 AM
      A thought that came up is regarding materials and cost.

      This price is with utilizing very high quality (read: expensive)
      marine plywood. What this really buys you is being able to leave this
      thing parked outside year round without too much concern for the wood
      delaminating.

      Now I personally don't leave ours parked outside except when on
      errands and we throw our rain cover on if the weather looks bad.

      Honestly between the urethane coating used and decent treatment of the
      seat setup its probably not all that necessary, the benefit of using a
      standard high quality veneered plywood would be that it would bring
      the cost down by around 30-40 dollars.

      If this of interest to folks let me know.
    • Jeff Snavely
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 15 7:18 AM
        The general public derives their sense of risk from the news media and "common sense".

        Unfortunately, neither is a reliable source of information.

        On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Mighk Wilson <mwilson@...> wrote:

        Cara wrote:
        >> A lot of this gets back to Ken Kifer's (I think it was him) comment
        about cars being dangerous and bikes (and pedestrians) being vulnerable.

        Many people tell me they will not ride their bikes because it is
        dangerous.<<

        I've found that many (most?) people do not understand the difference
        between "dangerous," "vulnerable" and "risk."

        While cyclists are indeed quite vulnerable, the risk of being harmed
        while cycling is quite low if the cyclist rides competently, maintains
        his/her machine properly, and obeys the rules of the road.

        I find myself getting less and less impressed with the intelligence of
        my fellow Americans as the years go by. They know far more about
        Britney Spears than about things that matter.

        Mighk

        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with
        stupidity, and make it work for you."
        -- Frank Zappa