Interested in snapdeck kid seats?

  • stoutag
    Message 1 of 37 , Sep 1, 2008
      I just posted about this on our blog, but we get asked all the time if we'd consider making/selling our seat setup for our xtracycle.

      Consequently, we sat down and ran some numbers on parts and labor that would go into producing these seats and making it worth our while to do so. At this point we're thinking for a double seat setup like we presently use with some design improvements and better finish, would come in somewhere around $350. This would include the wooden seat structure, pads, harnesses and mounting hardware but would not include the sunshades which can be purchased easily by the end user as they are an accessory for Deuter kid comfort packs, but does .

      We're trying to gauge serious interest from casual interest, so if this is something you would buy if we would make, please email us so we can make that call.

      If you want to read more on our setup, check out our blog, and our flickr account.

    • Jeff Snavely
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 15, 2008
        The general public derives their sense of risk from the news media and "common sense".

        Unfortunately, neither is a reliable source of information.

        On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Mighk Wilson <mwilson@...> wrote:

        Cara wrote:
        >> A lot of this gets back to Ken Kifer's (I think it was him) comment
        about cars being dangerous and bikes (and pedestrians) being vulnerable.

        Many people tell me they will not ride their bikes because it is
        dangerous.<<

        I've found that many (most?) people do not understand the difference
        between "dangerous," "vulnerable" and "risk."

        While cyclists are indeed quite vulnerable, the risk of being harmed
        while cycling is quite low if the cyclist rides competently, maintains
        his/her machine properly, and obeys the rules of the road.

        I find myself getting less and less impressed with the intelligence of
        my fellow Americans as the years go by. They know far more about
        Britney Spears than about things that matter.

        Mighk

        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with
        stupidity, and make it work for you."
        -- Frank Zappa