newbie

  • goliad555
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2008
      Hello Everyone,
      Just wanted to say Hi! I haven't bought an Xtracycle yet but am sold
      on the idea. I am looking for a test ride here in Houston if possible.
      I will be going to Austin in a couple of weeks and have a list of bike
      dealers.
      For me, I think the Xtracycle will make commuting to work and some of
      my Saturday running around feasible using a bike. I have a mountain
      bike now and have used it for commuting. I found it to be lacking in
      the carrying capacity. I have to plan ahead, depot some of my lunches
      and shoes at work, which doesn't always happen as needed. And
      consequently, i don't ride as often as I could.
      I am thinking of going with one of the Electra Townies. And since i am
      in Houston and it is relatively flat. I could use one of the intregal
      gear hubs.
      Any feedback or suggestions are welcomed :)
    • Mark Garvey
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2008

        On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 6:32 PM, goliad555 <goliad555@...> wrote:

        Any feedback or suggestions are welcomed :)

        Yeah....JUMP!

        I could bore you with the utility of my Xtracycle, but it would be just that,  boooring!  the list of things that I HAVEN'T carried is shorter than that stuff I have.  I get groceries, commute, and I even WORK from my X.  I usually carry my part time magic and balloon animal twisting business in the freeloaders, including a big honking floor pump!  (Think a 3 ft section of 4 inch PVC with a chunk of OAK flooring as a base!)

        among the group we have hauled damn near anything you can squeeze into a car, and some things that are awkward in a "cowboy Cadiallac"

        mark

        Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring. –Desmond Tutu
      • goliad555
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2008
          If this doesn't post right...it is because I'm a newbie :)
          Thanks Mark, I am getting jazzed!
          Carl