mechanical discs

  • Gauk
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2006
      I'm running the cheapo avid mechanical discs front and rear. They work
      great, just have to watch out when out for several hours below
      freezing, moisture gets into the cable housing when snow
      melts/refreezes. And ditto about your load pressing on the caliper,
      though having freeloaders that aren't full of holes might help.
      I was getting ready to put on my knobby tires once and noticed a
      snapped spoke. This was followed by, "How long has that been broken?"