Re: [rootsradicals] Fenders for Big Dummy with 26x2.35 Big Apples?

  • Devian Gilbert
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 25, 2008
      I'm pretty sure I'm using Cascadias too.

      running Kenda Short Tracker 2.5" DH tyres on DH rims.

      the rear fender is very close to the tyre, and it sometimes rubs, if i'm carrying a passenger, as its mostly the V-Rack/SnapDeck, flexing, and pushing the fender around, rubbing on the tyre, every so often.
      carrying loads otherwise, no rubbing.

      peace...d

      On Aug 25, 2008, at 4:27 PM, Rick Bernotas wrote:

      Actually, I'm using the 26"x60mm fender with the 2.35 Apple on the front.  It does take some fiddling to set them up right but I really haven't had any clearance issues since.

      Cheers--

      On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Ian Hoffman <ian.hoffman@ gmail.com>wrote:

      I too am running the 60mm 26" Cascadias.  They fit around my 2.0 Big Apples, but not with much room to the side stays, especially on the front. Things might get a bit too tight with the 2.35 BAs.

      Love the long mudflap though without having to rig one up myself.

      -- Ian

      On 8/25/08, Rick Bernotas <rickbernotas@ gmail.com> wrote:

      I use the 26" 60mm Planet Bike Cascadias.  I had to pull the rubber ends off the stays on the front, to get enough length on the stays included with the kit.  They have kept me dry year round.

      On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:27 AM, VergiliusMaro <vergiliusmaro@ yahoo.com>wrote:

      I live in a wet area and will be using the Dummy as my commuting
      machine, so I need a good set of full-coverage fenders. I am a bit
      concerned that the width of my Big Apples (2.35) will make finding
      effective fenders impossible.

      Anybody dealt with this issue and/or come up with a solution? I am
      also cross-posting this on the yahoo groups page, so apologies for any
      cross-posting annoyance!

      Thanks in advance,
      Rob