Re: [rootsradicals] Re: free charging an e-motor.

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 24, 2008
      One thing I figured out about sales tax is that, in addition to being
      hidden and insidious, it also discriminates against the poor. The rich
      can always arrange to buy things from some place that doesn't do sales
      tax. The poor spend a greater percentage of their income on basic
      things day-to-day things, most of which are taxed. So, I greatly
      appreciate the policies of states like Oregon--no sales tax.

      I greatly resent policies that give tax breaks to interest and
      investment income, but tax income resulting from honest sweat and work.
      These policies also help explain many of our environmental problems.
      This is in part because of the problems of compound interest. If you
      cut down the forest and invest the money at basic compound interest, you
      will make more money than if you let the forest grow to maturity or
      manage the forest as a long-term 'investment' for kids and grandkids.

      CL
      “Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and
      the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.” American
      Indian (Cree?) Proverb (I'm having trouble finding the source, even with
      Google).