Re: [rootsradicals] Re: Longbikes

  • Devian Gilbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006

      On Oct 4, 2006, Kipchoge wrote:

      > The Surly collaboration is indeed "our" longbike offering, for now
      > at least.

      Congratulations on what looks likely to be a very fruitful
      collaboration. As the owner of a couple of Surly bikes, I think
      you've made a great choice. I've already asked my LBS to order one
      for me as soon as they become available.

      Michael Lemberger
      Madison, WI

    • Bruce Alan Wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
        Re: Longbikes

        Since I first learned about Xtracycle, I have thought that it would be a great idea if bikes designed to be longbikes from the beginning (rather than have an extension bodged onto the frame of a shortbike) were available.  However, it seemed such a niche market that I didn't think it would happen.  I'm glad that the Xtracycle people are partnering with larger bike companies; aside from anything else, economy of scale will mean that they will become more affordable.

        Keep up the good work!  I'm still saving my pennies to get an extension on my current bike.  (A Fuji Monterrey.  I have a feeling that SOME people will look down their noses at it, but it works for me.)

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006

                      Does anyone know how much the SurlyXycle full bike weighs? If it was mentioned somewhere I forgot or did not notice.