Longbikes

  • Kipchoge Spencer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
      The Surly collaboration is indeed "our" longbike offering, for now at least. We've long felt that the surest way to spread SUBs to the world is with the full complicity of the world's other major bike manufacturers and their marketing minions. In the near future we plan to specialize in SUB accessories, continue offering the FreeRadical, and work to get other companies into the category with their own longbike offerings.

      We're really really stoked that Surly is first. Aside from building great frames, they're the coolest people we know in the industry.

      peace,

      kipchoge

      --
      Kipchoge Spencer

      29085 Highway 49
      North San Juan CA 95960
      530/292-1401
      www.pleasantrevolution.net
    • Michael Lemberger
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
        On Oct 4, 2006, Kipchoge wrote:

        > The Surly collaboration is indeed "our" longbike offering, for now
        > at least.

        Congratulations on what looks likely to be a very fruitful
        collaboration. As the owner of a couple of Surly bikes, I think
        you've made a great choice. I've already asked my LBS to order one
        for me as soon as they become available.

        Michael Lemberger
        Madison, WI
      • Devian Gilbert
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006

          On Oct 4, 2006, Kipchoge wrote:

          > The Surly collaboration is indeed "our" longbike offering, for now
          > at least.

          Congratulations on what looks likely to be a very fruitful
          collaboration. As the owner of a couple of Surly bikes, I think
          you've made a great choice. I've already asked my LBS to order one
          for me as soon as they become available.

          Michael Lemberger
          Madison, WI

        • Bruce Alan Wilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
            Re: Longbikes

            Since I first learned about Xtracycle, I have thought that it would be a great idea if bikes designed to be longbikes from the beginning (rather than have an extension bodged onto the frame of a shortbike) were available.  However, it seemed such a niche market that I didn't think it would happen.  I'm glad that the Xtracycle people are partnering with larger bike companies; aside from anything else, economy of scale will mean that they will become more affordable.

            Keep up the good work!  I'm still saving my pennies to get an extension on my current bike.  (A Fuji Monterrey.  I have a feeling that SOME people will look down their noses at it, but it works for me.)

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006

                          Does anyone know how much the SurlyXycle full bike weighs? If it was mentioned somewhere I forgot or did not notice.