Our first bicycle camping trip

  • Jason Crane
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
      Hey folks!

      Sounds like everyone is having a great summer full of Xtracycle-y
      goodness. We just finished our first bicycle camping trip, an S24O
      outing to a former CCC camp outside Albany, NY. The story and some of
      the photos are here:

      <http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Rocbike/~3/360453430/>

      And the entire photo album is here:

      <http://picasaweb.google.com/jasondcrane/080808FiveRivers>

      And just as a side note, our Picasa album contains tons of Xtracycle
      pictures, if you're interested:

      <http://picasaweb.google.com/jasondcrane>

      See you out there!

      Jason Crane
      RocBike.com
      Albany NY
    • murray
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
        > Sounds like everyone is having a great summer full of Xtracycle-y
        > goodness.
        Well not 'everyone' since half the world is in winter right now. :-P
        Down here we're just enviously looking forward to having a summer full
        of Xtracycle-y goodness while outside it's dark and freezing.
        I enjoyed you photos though and can't wait to get out touring again as
        soon as we get the summer back.
      • Jason Crane
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, murray <murrayneill@...> wrote:

          > > Sounds like everyone is having a great summer full of Xtracycle-y
          > > goodness.
          > Well not 'everyone' since half the world is in winter right now. :-P
          > Down here we're just enviously looking forward to having a summer full
          > of Xtracycle-y goodness while outside it's dark and freezing.
          > I enjoyed you photos though and can't wait to get out touring again as
          > soon as we get the summer back.

          Wait -- there's another half of the world? Why doesn't anyone tell me
          these things?

          (Sorry!)

          JC
        • calvin weeks
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
            Winter???? where?

            --
            menemba.com
          • Cathode Ray
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
              At 7:37 PM -0400 11/8/08, calvin weeks wrote:
              >Winter???? where?

              Here in Wagga Wagga, in inland Australia. Cold and wet. Not freezing,
              but pretty bleak. Sometimes the overnight minimum may dip below
              freezing.

              The landscape here is very flat, with some scattered ridges. Looks
              like this in winter:

              http://www.retrovox.com.au/Hilltop/P1010097.jpg

              ray
            • Cara Lin Bridgman
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 12, 2008
                Hi Ray,

                For the past few months, ever since someone from your town ordered bug
                cages or bug traps from my husband's company (bugdorm.com), my husband
                and I have been arguing over the correct pronunciation of your home
                town, Wagga Wagga.

                So, is it Wag as in bag, radical, and wag the tail on the dog or Wog as
                in fog, bog, and dog?

                Thanks!

                CL