Re: [rootsradicals] Electric Assist distance

  • MH
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 3, 2008
      MH wrote:
      > MIT claims 24/7 solar power
      > http://www.eetimes.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=209900956&cid=NL_eet
      > PORTLAND, Ore. — Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
      > have combined a liquid catalyst with photovoltaic cells to achieve what they
      > claim is a solar energy system that could generate electricity around the
      > clock....

      I now this is repetitive in some ways but it kind
      of gives some a vision of the future. -Mark H.

      "Major Discovery" From MIT Primed to Unleash Solar Revolution
      http://www.truthout.org/article/major-discovery-from-mit-primed-unleash-solar-revolution
      Thursday 31 July 2008
      by: Anne Trafton, MIT News

      MIT's Professor Daniel G. Nocera has discovered a way to do large-scale
      solar power generation.
      Scientists mimic essence of plants' energy storage system.

      In a revolutionary leap that could transform solar power from a
      marginal, boutique alternative into a mainstream energy source, MIT
      researchers have overcome a major barrier to large-scale solar power:
      storing energy for use when the sun doesn't shine. . . .
    • MH
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 7, 2008
        Thank you Morgan. I sure appreciate your help!
        While doing some reading about the batteries I
        thought this interesting - EEstor batteries.
        Maybe there the battery future? They sound like
        they would be affordable if they make to market.
        I guess we can only hope. -Mark H.

        Battery Breakthrough?
        A Texas company says it can make a new ultracapacitor power system to
        replace the electrochemical batteries in everything from cars to laptops.
        By Tyler Hamilton
        January 22, 2007
        http://www.technologyreview.com/printer_friendly_article.aspx?id=18086&channel=specialsections§ion=batteries

        Better Batteries Charge Up
        A startup reports progress on a battery that stores more energy than
        lithium-ion ones.
        By Tyler Hamilton
        August 05, 2008
        http://www.technologyreview.com/Energy/21171/