Re: [rootsradicals] Re: changing tires with an gear hub

  • Dave Lloyd
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
      On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Patrick Barber/Holly McGuire
      <patrick@...> wrote:
      > remember that you can also fix many flats without removing the tube
      > from the tire, or the wheel from the bike.

      I've received two flats over the last year (Schwalbe Silento II,
      Schwalbe Marathon and Schwalbe Marathon Winter). One was from a
      roofing nail which was easy to find from the rhythmic tic-tic-tic and
      the big freakin' nail sticking out of my front tire. The other was
      when my rear tire, Schwalbe Silento II, decided that it had enough and
      tore for about two inches right at the bead. Even the cheap Schwalbes
      that came with my Trek L200 (Silento II) would roll just fine through
      broken glass, wires, potholes, etc. that pockmark my route across St.
      Louis.

      So the bottom line is that if you don't like flats, get some Schwalbes.

      --
      --dlloyd