Re: [rootsradicals] Re: new: $275 to fill up a tank

  • MH
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 1, 2008
      Anne, there many states across the USA making a concerted
      effort to change there fossil fuel carbon dioxide extraction
      ways. Technology has come a long way from the 1970's. People
      are more aware even if they don't make the effort to change.
      I'm glad gasoline, heating fuel and electricity have sky
      rocketed in price the last few years to draw attention to
      the situation our planet and personal well being is in.
      I haven't given up the hope for change and I'm willing to
      make some changes to help make things better. Thank you
      for listening and please take care of yourself. -Mark H.
    • MH
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 7, 2008
        Thank you Morgan. I sure appreciate your help!
        While doing some reading about the batteries I
        thought this interesting - EEstor batteries.
        Maybe there the battery future? They sound like
        they would be affordable if they make to market.
        I guess we can only hope. -Mark H.

        Battery Breakthrough?
        A Texas company says it can make a new ultracapacitor power system to
        replace the electrochemical batteries in everything from cars to laptops.
        By Tyler Hamilton
        January 22, 2007
        http://www.technologyreview.com/printer_friendly_article.aspx?id=18086&channel=specialsections§ion=batteries

        Better Batteries Charge Up
        A startup reports progress on a battery that stores more energy than
        lithium-ion ones.
        By Tyler Hamilton
        August 05, 2008
        http://www.technologyreview.com/Energy/21171/