Re: I got Sweetskinz on my yellow bike

  • Julio Alvarez
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
      Yeahh Buddy, I got sweetskinz on my X. They are great. I have the red and yellow colored set, crusier style. They are bright, quite smooth, and reflective at night time.  They are sweet tires indeed!!!
      Holler

      ---

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008

        Funkiplanet,

                    I have been thinking of ordering a couple of the SweetSkinz MTB Semi-Slick 26”x1.95 Rattleback tires. I think that coloring in particular would look pretty hot on the Olive Drab coloring of the Big Dummy I have.

                    For years I have always ridden with 1.5” Kevlar Avocet inverted-tread tires. I am not sure if I will really like the wider and more textured 1.95 SweetSkinz tires. Unfortunately Avocet no longer seems to be distributing the Kevlar 26” tires I prefer. I think the SweetSkinz would be a decent and definitely cool-looking alternative, but I am concerned they will not be anywhere near as durable and puncture resistant. I suppose inserting a tuffy strip in the tire might help.

                    I might be delayed in ordering any SweetSkinz though. My wife and I just bought our first home and we have to make sure we have enough money to do some of the work, which is needed. Plus, I do actually have a new tire from Nashbar as a spare for the mean time, so I can not justify buying $40 tires right now. If you do decide to order them, please do let me know how they are and how they hold up.

        Ride safe,

        _TONE_

      • Devian Gilbert
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
          get em! and post pics...

          uhh... so what do ya think of El Stupido Grande

          i could swear street skinz made a reflective tire.