Re: [rootsradicals] Re: new: $275 to fill up a tank

  • MH
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi Anne,
      I like what Al Gore's Repower America speech had to say.
      Coal, oil and natural gas where alluded to and if Nanosolar
      can really make one dollar a watt PV panels along with cost
      competitive wind power and geothermal generation - coal is
      not the answer for our future energy needs. It will take
      time to change. The benefits seem pretty apparent. And
      gasoline scooter fuel economy isn't much better then the
      PHEV Toyota Prius which carrys four people. I mean if one
      compares miles per passenger the Prius wins. -Mark H.

      Anne Littlebird wrote:
      > They still need to rapidly come up with an alternative for electricity
      > generating. Some of us Kentuckians are tired of having our mountain tops
      > removed for coal to run power stations. Electric cars, e-assists etc
      > will still be using an energy source that is not clean or green.
      >
      > This is all about power and money. We are at peak oil no matter what
      > anyone thinks.
    • MH
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 7, 2008
        Thank you Morgan. I sure appreciate your help!
        While doing some reading about the batteries I
        thought this interesting - EEstor batteries.
        Maybe there the battery future? They sound like
        they would be affordable if they make to market.
        I guess we can only hope. -Mark H.

        Battery Breakthrough?
        A Texas company says it can make a new ultracapacitor power system to
        replace the electrochemical batteries in everything from cars to laptops.
        By Tyler Hamilton
        January 22, 2007
        http://www.technologyreview.com/printer_friendly_article.aspx?id=18086&channel=specialsections§ion=batteries

        Better Batteries Charge Up
        A startup reports progress on a battery that stores more energy than
        lithium-ion ones.
        By Tyler Hamilton
        August 05, 2008
        http://www.technologyreview.com/Energy/21171/