Re: [rootsradicals] Re: new: $275 to fill up a tank

  • Anne Littlebird
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 1 9:59 AM
      They still need to rapidly come up with an alternative for electricity
      generating. Some of us Kentuckians are tired of having our mountain tops
      removed for coal to run power stations. Electric cars, e-assists etc
      will still be using an energy source that is not clean or green.

      This is all about power and money. We are at peak oil no matter what
      anyone thinks.

      Anne Littlebird
      Issumatuq Herbals
      P.O. Box 5161
      Louisville, KY 40255
      502-418-1023

      MH wrote:
      > I find it interesting that some folks on the list use a
      > power-assist which plugs in to recharge. 2010 vehicle
      > models will be available called plug in hybrid electric
      > vehicles (PHEV). I was reading about the noticable
      > increase in fuel mileage and related pocketbook savings.
      > Some might be interested in reading this:
      >
      > Google’s Plug-In Hybrid Cars Study Finds As High As 93 MPG
      > http://earth2tech.com/2008/07/23/googles-plug-in-study-finds-as-high-as-93-mpg/#more-3568
      > Google says its plug-ins “did great” and achieved as high as 93 MPG across
      > all trips and 115 MPG for city trips....
      >

      > Khalid Mateen wrote:
      >
      >> Do you know it takes up to 10 years for them to start extracting "IF" they found oil in the Alaska? So you will be paying at least 4/gal for the next ten year(probably $10/gal by the time years is up) and still not be any closer to solving our energy problems. Bush is just holding Congress and us hostage when he says he gives congress a bill that involves drilling because he wants his boys at Exxon to become really wealthy. Have you heard about the tar sands in Canada? They give us oil due to the NAFTA and they cant stop giving us their oil or they will be sued no matter how much ecological damage it may be causing. Most of the Tar sands oil that canada produces is given to US. This is all about controlling the worlds oil supply and making money.

    • MH
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 7 12:12 PM
        Thank you Morgan. I sure appreciate your help!
        While doing some reading about the batteries I
        thought this interesting - EEstor batteries.
        Maybe there the battery future? They sound like
        they would be affordable if they make to market.
        I guess we can only hope. -Mark H.

        Battery Breakthrough?
        A Texas company says it can make a new ultracapacitor power system to
        replace the electrochemical batteries in everything from cars to laptops.
        By Tyler Hamilton
        January 22, 2007
        http://www.technologyreview.com/printer_friendly_article.aspx?id=18086&channel=specialsections§ion=batteries

        Better Batteries Charge Up
        A startup reports progress on a battery that stores more energy than
        lithium-ion ones.
        By Tyler Hamilton
        August 05, 2008
        http://www.technologyreview.com/Energy/21171/